Solve the dilemma of what to do with a focal piece without a hole! Learn to showcase your favorite cabochon using various types of wire; choose from round, square or twisted wire for a truly unique look. Carol Bernau will show you the ins and outs of working with wire, resulting in a stunning pendant that can be incorporated into your next beaded necklace, or worn alone for a dramatic statement.
What you will learn:
• Appropriate wire for your cabochon
• Creating a wire bezel
• Wire wrapping the bezel in place
• Creating decorative flourishes
Prerequisite: Basic Earring & Wire Class or Wire Work Necklace Class or equivalent. (Student should be familiar with making a wire wrap.) Note: If you do not know how to do a wire wrap, you can either sign up for one of the classes listed above, or take a 1-hour private lesson before the class.
- 18g dead soft wire (for making bail)
- 20g dead soft wire - fine silver, sterling silver, silver-filled, gold-filled and Artistic Wire are all appropriate.
- 22g dead soft wire (or thinner, depending on beads used) for adding beads/embellishing
- Cabochon(s) of your choice
Materials for your project are not included in the class fee. Please come to class prepared with the above materials for your project. Shop at our store and take advantage of your 10% student discount! All necessary tools will be provided in the class by the instructor.
Location: Classes are held at our store, 1544 Park Street, Alameda, CA 94501.
3 Ways to Sign Up:
- Sign up online with a credit card (secure) by adding this class to the online shopping cart, and checking out.
- Call 510-337-1203 (give Visa/Mastercard/Discover info to employee)
- Come into the store and pay with check, cash or Visa/Mastercard/Discover
Discount: Students will receive a 10% discount on in-store merchandise for 4 weeks prior and 2 weeks after the class.
By signing up for this class, you are agreeing to the class enrollment terms and conditions.
Instructor: Carol Bernau
Class size: 2 student minimum - 7 student maximum
Date & Time:
- Sat., April 9, 1:00-5:00pm
When you check out please write your desired date to take the class in the order comments.