Learn the ancient art of Japanese braiding using a Kumihimo braiding disk and satin rattail cord to create a beautiful spiraled necklace from which to hang a semi- precious pendant. After finding your focal piece gemstone or pendant, you will select complementary colorful satin rayon cords to weave into a beautiful necklace using this thousand year old technique. You will be amazed at the stunning piece of jewelry you create.
What you will learn:
- How to braid a basic 8-strand Kumihimo braid from start to finish
- How to add bullet ends and a clasp to your finished braid
Materials: Students will need to purchase the following (not included in the class fee) prior to class:
- 1 Round Kumihimo 6” disk
- 8 Kumihimo bobbins – 2 1/2” diameter
- 1 pendant with bail – must be 8mm (or elongated 6mm)
- 1 pair “Bullet cap” end caps – 6mm
- 8 1 or 2mm rayon satin rattail cords coordinated with pendant color(s) – will need 3” for every necklace inch (see below)
All materials are available at Bead Inspirations. We recommend that you come to the shop in advance of class to select your materials. Optionally – you can come to the shop 30 minutes prior to the start of class and we will assist you in choosing your materials. Please have your materials ready when class starts at 2pm.
Location: Classes are held at our store, 1544 Park Street, Alameda, CA 94501.
3 Ways to Sign Up:
- Sign up online with a credit card (secure) by adding this class to the online shopping cart, and checking out.
- Call 510-337-1203 (give Visa/Mastercard/Discover info to employee)
- Come into the store and pay with check, cash or Visa/Mastercard/Discover
Discount: Students will receive a 10% discount on in-store merchandise for 4 weeks prior to and 2 weeks after the class.
By signing up for this class, you are agreeing to the class enrollment terms and conditions.
Instructor: Dona Fisher
Class size: 2 student minimum - 7 student maximum
Date & Time:
- Sunday, January 15, 2:00 - 5:00 -pm