Instructions for Gilded Lace Necklace
Back to Gilded Lace Necklace design page
Step By Step Instructions
As with most
Nunn Design chains, you can simply open and close the links of the Textured Cable
Chain instead wasting chain by cutting it. It also saves you from using extra
jump rings! In addition, since the links are pretty strong, you may wish to use
two chain nose (or flat nose) pliers, one in each hand, to make it easier to open
and close the links.
- Use your finger or a small piece of clean cloth to apply a dab of Gilders
Paste Patina onto the Ornate Wreath Filigree and rub in thoroughly onto all
the surfaces. Let dry for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Using a 2"x2" Ultra-Polish Pad, wipe the raised surfaces of the
Ornate Wreath. This should bring out gold highlights. The remaining paste
in the recessed areas of the wreath will create the beautiful, aged copper
patina look. The paste will completely dry in 12 hours, when you will be able
to wear your completed necklace. However, you can start working on the rest
of the necklace now and, by the time you've completed Steps 3 through 8 below,
you will be able to work with the patinated Ornate Wreath.
- Assemble two of the following units:
On a 2", 22g antique brass eye pin, place the following: a Swarovski
Chrysolite Satin 4mm round crystal, a 4mm gold-plated scalloped bead cap,
a Swarovski Pacific Opal 6mm round crystal, a gold Foliage bead cap, an 8x10mm
Chrysolite Satin faceted glass rondelle, a gold Foliage bead cap, a Pacific
Opal 6mm round crystal, a 4mm GP scalloped bead cap, and a Chrysolite Satin
4mm round crystal. Make a simple loop at the end.
- Assemble one of the following units:
On a gold-plated 22g, 2" ball pin, place the following: a GP Foliage
bead cap, an 8x10 Chrysolite Satin faceted glass rondelle, and another GP
Foliage bead cap. Make a simple loop at the top.
- Divide the Antique Gold-Plated Small Textured Cable Chain into the following
pieces: eight sets of 3-link chain and divide the remaining chain into two
- Divide the Antique Gold-Plated Textured Large Cable Chain into 5 separate
- On one end of one of the long pieces of Small Textured Cable Chain, fasten
the antique gold Leaf Toggle Bar.
- On one end of the other long pieces of Small Textured Cable Chain, fasten
the antique gold Round Toggle Ring.
- Assemble the hanging pendant:
- On the Ornate Wreath Filigree, there are four large "flourishes"
which look almost like butterflies. They will stand out as more gold than
the rest of the pendant. Using one of the 3-link chains you made in Step 5,
fasten one end of the chain unit into the space on one side of the flourish.
Using another 3-link chain, fasten one end of the chain into the space on
the other side of the flourish.
- Open one of the large chain links from Step 6 and hook it to the ends of
both 3-link chains hanging from the filigree.
- Now, attach the rondelle unit from Step 4 onto the large chain link and
close the large chain link.
10. Fasten the hanging pendant and bead units above the pendant:
- On the pendant, using the flourish on the opposite end from where you attached
the dangle, attach a 3-link chain to the next hole over from the flourish
rather than the hole right next to the flourish. (Refer to the picture online
- On the other side of the flourish, attach another 3-link chain. Again, use
the next hole over rather than the hole right next to the flourish. (Refer
to the picture online for help.)
- On the ends of each 3-link chain, attach a large chain link from
- On each of the large chain links,
attach another 3-link chain.
- On the ends of each 3-link chain,
attach a Step 3 unit.
- On the other end of each Step 3
unit, attach another 3-link chain.
- Now, on the ends of each 3-link chain, attach a large chain link
from Step 6.
11. Complete the necklace:
Now, you are ready to attach the ends of the long pieces of Small Textured Cable
Chain with Toggles (from Step 7 & 8) to each
large chain link from
above. Then you're done!
Wasn't that fun? And you learned a new skill!
Back to Gilded Lace Necklace
Copyright © 2017 Bead Inspirations. Powered by Zen Cart