Solve the dilemma of what to do with a focal piece without a hole! Learn to showcase your favorite cabochon using various types of wire for a truly unique look. Dona Fisher will show you the ins and outs of working with wire, resulting in a stunning pendant that can be incorporated into your next beaded necklace, or worn alone for a dramatic statement.
What you will learn:
• Appropriate wire for your cabochon
• Creating a wire bezel
• Wire wrapping the bezel in place
• Creating decorative flourishes
Prerequisite: This will be taught as a Beginner's class, however basic jewlery making or wire wrap skills would be helpful.
- 18g or 20g dead soft wire (for making bail and bezel)
- 22g dead soft wire (or thinner, depending on beads used) for wrapping the bezel and adding beads/embellishing
- Cabochon(s) of your choice
Materials for your project are not included in the class fee. Please come to class prepared with the above materials for your project. Instructor will be there 30 minutes before class to help you choose out any needed materials. Shop at our store and take advantage of your 10% student discount! All necessary tools will be provided in the class by the instructor.
Location: Classes are held at our store, 1544 Park Street, Alameda, CA 94501.
3 Ways to Sign Up:
- Sign up online with a credit card (secure) by adding this class to the online shopping cart, and checking out.
- Call 510-337-1203 (give Visa/Mastercard/Discover info to employee)
- Come into the store and pay with check, cash or Visa/Mastercard/Discover
Discount: Students will receive a 10% discount on in-store merchandise for 4 weeks prior and 2 weeks after the class.
By signing up for this class, you are agreeing to the class enrollment terms and conditions.
Instructor: Dona Fisher
Class size: 2 student minimum - 7 student maximum
Date & Time:
- Sat., October 8, 2016, 1:00 - 5:00 pm