This workshop is designed to give students
a very accessible introduction to soldering as done in jewelry-making. What makes
this soldering workshop different from others? It's kept simple, safe and non-toxic.
a butane torch, students will learn essential soldering techniques for soldering
any metal, including sterling silver, fine silver, gold-filled, karat gold, copper
and brass. Topics covered include fire safety, annealing, work hardening, and
What you will learn:
• How to solder using a butane torch
• How to form patterned sterling wire and plain round wire into a ring
• How to add embellishment, such as hammering round wire
• How to size, cut, file and polish your ring
• Choose a finish for your ring: highly polished, matte, or black patina
Materials: Everything you need is available in the class. Choose from
our selection of sterling, gold filled and copper patterned wires, or 12-14g
round sterling wire. Choosing your materials and designing your jewelry is part
of the class. Materials for your project are not included in the class fee.
You may choose from our selection or bring your own. At the end of class you
will pay for the materials you used for your project. All necessary tools will
be provided in the class by the instructor.
Location: Classes are held at our store, 1544 Park Street, Alameda, CA 94501.
3 Ways to Sign Up:
- Sign up online with a credit card (secure) by adding this class to the online shopping cart, and checking out.
- Call 510-337-1203 (give Visa/Mastercard/Discover info to employee)
- Come into the store and pay with check, cash or Visa/Mastercard/Discover
Discount: Students will receive a 10% discount on in-store merchandise for 4 weeks prior and 2 weeks after the class.
By signing up for this class, you are agreeing to the class enrollment terms and conditions
.Instructor: Iris Sandkühler
Class size: 3 student minimum - 6 student maximum
Date & Time: Saturday, Feb 22, 2014, 11:00am-5:00pm