We offer the ingredients to make this magnificent necklace individually as well as a necklace kit. This necklace is also available already assembled. The inner diameter of this necklace is approximately 18" inches.
Make earrings to match!
Choose one of these designs or design your own!
You will assemble the filigree wrapped pendant first, then the various chains and attachments, add the neck chain and clasp component, and finally, add the dangle on the end of the pendant.
- Assemble the filigree wrapped pendant:
- Place the Cabochon in the center of the Diamond Swirl Filigree.
- Turn in the edges of the Diamond Swirl Filigree around the cabochon with your fingers. It works best to turn one side, then the other, alternately repeating sides.
- Make sure all sides of the filigree are symmetrical and holding the focal bead securely.
- To tighten the filigree around the cabochon, you may roll the wrapped filigree on the table.
- Secure the filigree wrapped cabochon to the Princess Filigree:
- Locate holes on the back of your filigree-wrapped bead that appear to have the most space to accommodate a piece of wire.
- Cut two 6-inch pieces of your 24g Vintaj wire.
- Thread one piece of the wire through a couple of filigree holes about 1/3 from the top of the bead, so that the two ends of the wire are sticking out the back of the filigree.
- Thread the other piece of wire about 1/3 from the bottom of the filigree-wrapped bead.
- Weave each piece of wire through the open (unwrapped) filigree and pull it tight. Weave each wire back through about 3 times, or until secure.
- Trim any excess wire and tuck in the ends. Look to see if the top of the filigree wrapped bead sags away from the open filigree. If it does, grab onto the wire on the back of the open filigree with your round nose pliers to twist the wire into place, which will tighten the wire, and pull in the filigree-wrapped bead.
- With metal hole punch pliers, punch a hole approximately 2mm from the tip of the Arte Metal Tiered Leaves.
- Apply gilders paste to the Arte Metal Tiered Leaves and Beech Leaves. Wipe off excess.
- Assemble the components as shown in the picture.