You will have a chance to complete a simple project in the circular netting stitch. Even though this class is for beginners, intermediate seed beaders may find a project you want to make! You will be provided with a handout covering everything you want to know about seed beads, such as types, colors, sizes and shapes of seed beads, thread and needles to use, and a basic stitch diagram.
Seeing your tube or cord grow-as- you-go is rewarding. And it's fun to add some embellishment beads of different sizes or colors as you go. We know one new beader who couldn't stop making these decorative cords; she became addicted! Let's just say that you will enjoy making this easy bracelet (or necklace), and to wear it to show off your new seed bead expertise!
What you will learn:
- Basics of seed beading (thread, needles, types of beads, how to thread that pesky needle)
- How to make a circular netting stitch bracelet (or necklace)
- Selection of beads for your design
- How to embellish your design with additional beads
- How to finish with a clasp, button or bead
- More tricks using Circular Herringbone
Materials: Students will need to come to class with the following materials:
- Size 8 or 11 seed beads in one, two, three or four colors (tube of each) .
- If using size 11, a tube of size 8 seed beads
- If using size 8, a tube of size 6 seed beads
- Size 12 beading needle
- Thread: Nymo Size B, or Silamide or Fireline 6lb. test
- Thread Heaven (optional; best if using Nymo thread)
- Clasp or button or clasp bead of your choice
- Beading awl
- Thread scissors
Materials for your project are not included in the class fee. You may choose from our large selection or bring your own. Instructor will be available half hour before class to help you in your selection of materials if desired. At the end of class you will pay for the materials you used for your project.
All other tools necessary for use during the class will be provided in the class by the instructor. Tools for use at home are available for purchase.
Location: Classes are held at our store, 1544 Park Street, Alameda, CA 94501.
3 Ways to Sign Up:
- Sign up online with Paypal or a credit card (secure) by adding this class to the online shopping cart, and checking out.
- Call 510-337-1203 (give Visa/Mastercard/Discover/American Express info to employee)
- Come into the store and pay with check, cash or Visa/Mastercard/Discover/ American Express
Discount: Students will receive a 10% discount on in-store merchandise for 4 weeks prior and 2 weeks after the class.
By signing up for this class, you are agreeing to the class enrollment terms and conditions.
Instructor: Carol Bernau
Class size: 2 student minimum - 7 student maximum
Date & Time:
- Saturday, May 20, 2017, 11:00am - 2:00pm