Seed Bead Class Series
Dazzled by all the seed bead colors and shapes you see in the bead store, but uncertain how to get started? Think they are just way too small to work with? We're pleased to announce a series of classes which will make you a seed bead aficionado in easy, fun steps. Each month we will offer a new class of the series. Each month you will learn a different stitch or variation, and you will have a chance to complete a simple project in that stitch. You do not have to take all the classes in the series to enjoy them. Even though the classes are for beginners, intermediate seed beaders may find a project you want to make! Also, in each class you will be provided with a handout covering everything you want to know about seed beads, such as types, colors, sizes, and shapes of seed beads, thread and needles to use, and a basic stitch diagram.
Take two or more classes in the series, receive a 10% discount on the class fees as store credit! For example, take any 2 classes, 10% off each in store credit = $3.50x2 = $7. Take 3 classes, $3.50x3 = $10.50 in store credit.
Class One: Square Stitch Made Simple
We're starting our seed bead series with an amazingly versatile and simple stitch. The Square Stitch and design will be easy and quick for you to learn, and you will come away with a cute and glamorous bracelet to gift or keep for yourself.
What you will learn:
- Basics of seed beading (thread, needles, types of beads, how to thread that pesky needle)
- Basic square stitch
- Selection of beads for your design
- How to embellish your design with additional beads
- How to finish with a clasp
- More tricks using Square Stitch and Embellishing
Materials: Students will need to come to class with the following materials:
- Size 11 seed beads in one or more colors (tube of each)
- size 4mm beads (firepolish or square seed beads or Swarovski pearls)
- Size 12 beading needle
- Thread: Nymo Size B, or Silamide or Fireline 6lb. test
- Thread Heaven (optional; best if using Nymo thread)
- Clasp of your choice
- Beading awl
- Thread scissors
Materials for your project are not included in the class fee. You may choose from our large selection or bring your own. At the end of class you will pay for the materials you used for your project. Instructor will be available half hour before class to help you in your selection of materials if desired
All other tools necessary for use during the class will be provided in the class by the instructor. Tools for use at home are available for purchase.
Location: Classes are held at our store, 1544 Park Street, Alameda, CA 94501.
3 Ways to Sign Up:
- Sign up online with Paypal or a credit card (secure) by adding this class to the online shopping cart, and checking out.
- Call 510-337-1203 (give Visa/Mastercard/Discover/American Express info to employee)
- Come into the store and pay with check, cash or Visa/Mastercard/Discover/ American Express
Discount: Students will receive a 10% discount on in-store merchandise for 4 weeks prior and 2 weeks after the class.
By signing up for this class, you are agreeing to the class enrollment terms and conditions.
Instructor: Carol Bernau
Class size: 2 student minimum - 7 student maximum
Date & Time:
- Sunday, Feb. 26, 2017, 2:00 - 5:00pm